I know it's fall when someone at home keeps closing the windows when I go to sleep so they don't get cold. I can't wear less than naked sleeping on the bed with no covers so perhaps they should wear more, it's easy to dress to be warmer... but what do I know. I used to never get cold but I lost 85 pounds and had to actually buy winter pants since the shorts were no longer making the grade. I also can't find my favorite battery pack headlamp along with half of my cold weather running gear. Must be in storage.
Be Ready, be Prepared! FEMA want's everyone to sign up and be a National Preparedness Month Coalition Member. I did it as I believe the government has the best intentions and will be there when I need them: http://www.ready.gov
Here are the listed benefits:
- Countless suggestions and ideas for activities and events
- Ready-to-use templates and messaging, including posters, web banners, press releases, articles, Facebook Status Updates and Tweets for Twitter, plus more! We even have materials that you can customize.
- A calendar for you to post your event and see what else is happening around the country
- Tracking software installed on your computer just in case a disaster strikes
- Your very own pushpin on the FEMA Food Hoarder Map
- Participation in local preparedness events and activities in your community
- Free photo opportunities and updates on your DoHS file you might not have known existed
- Access to resources and be able to collaborate with thousands of fellow members across the country on ways to participate and get your community involved.
- An updated Obama 2012 Tatoo
- Simple gun registration forms with a new and improved 'about my neighbor' section
- "Feel Good" vibes and an American flag sticker proclaiming you are patriotic