Monday, September 12, 2011

Another day in paradise

Much better view in person, I love the mountains.
I got a nice early alarm clock phone call this morning. At least I'm employed and have a job I love... that's what I always tell myself when I'm pissed off for having to get up at 5am. I'm not an early riser but when it's time to get up I don't have any problem with it, I just prefer to do it on my schedule. The sunrise was nice and I snapped the above picture on the way to work. It was a nice cool morning that reminded me I need to keep the gutters and rain barrel screens cleaned since the leaves are starting to depart the branches.

I put in a few orders this morning on some food for long term storage. Combined with what I picked up at Costco yesterday I added around another 60 days of food. I need to get some more water containers so I'll see what I can dig up on sale at the various places in town. Albertson's grocery store has gallon containers of water for $1 that are re-useable with screw on caps (not those crappy slap back on ones). Those are my normal buy, but I'm going to see if anyone has the 5 gallon cube containers on sale at Sportsman's, Dicks, or Walmart. I just don't want to depend on rain alone in a SHTF scenario since we can go for weeks without rain, it's a high desert climate.

I also need to find a better pin for my AK or  gunsmith to design me one with a c-clip, damn trigger pin keeps sliding out when rocking on the trigger and it's pumpkin killing season!

No comments:

Post a Comment