Friday, September 23, 2011

How not to buy food

I went to REI to pick up some of the mountain house pro-pak food packs. I want to take some on the upcoming camping trip and test them out, and the pro-pak's don't take up much room since all the air has been taken out of the package. I figured I would spend about 80 bucks and get a bunch of stuff to sample for future trips. I was going to get more than I need in case something really sucked I would have a backup plan.




I stared at the shelf full of food packages, looked at other brands, checked nutrition information, etc. Suddenly, off in the distance I saw something shiny so I ran over (that's the real reason I run right) like a raccoon to a trash can.

I am now the proud owner of a new North Face soft shell with hood. Sometimes I don't even understand myself, but I wanted it and 80% needed it. I wasn't buying the food for storage and I'll just go pick some up in the next few days. I have a few heavy duty winter jacket, a climbing jacket shell, sub zero running jackets, wind breakers, etc. This fills a slot and if I ever have to I suppose I can eat it.

I amaze myself at times. I'll post up a review of the jacket just in case anyone likes this kind of thing. I also saw about 8 business with help wanted or now hiring signs posted. Probably can't have medical Marijuana so there goes most of the city.

3 comments:

  1. oh jeesh...i sure hope my hubby doesn't see this post in our blogroll. he had some serious "equipment" for biking to and from work in all seasons and this would be right up his alley. and he would love a review after you test it out a few times.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  2. max - i TOTALLY relate!!

    i was a 4 season cyclist in the city and had the appropriate gear head to toe!

    my top-of-the-line Mountain Equipment Co-op cycling shell is now a fishing jacket, but i still think of it in the terms you describe above

    sadly, i was low on power bars and gatorade at one time so i tried a bite - you can't eat 'em ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. but the texture was probably good on the teeth!

    ReplyDelete