Friday, September 9, 2011

Movie night: Contagion

A lot of junk at the movies lately, but I've been waiting for this one for a few months. I try not to watch the previews once I decide I want to see a new film, and I don't read reviews. Nothing like ruining a movie when you are watching TV and a new trailer pops up that gives away more of the movie.

NBC attacks (nuke, bio, chem) are hard to prep for since it's not like a power outage or financial system collapse. You have to have the right suits, masks, gear, etc. and have a lot of it PLUS all the normal preps. You could of course just seal your house in plastic and die in your newly created bubble.

Movie night is fun and I am looking forward to getting out of the house for a few hours and not running up in the hills. I also got a $25k issue fixed at work that really wasn't my fault but somehow got dumped on me. I actually got worried that it was my fault for a little while but I keep emails for a long time. My spirits were a little down until I figured out it wasn't my fault and got the problem handled.

My Pikes Peak run got cancelled for Sunday, it's going to be warmer that I am comfortable with for a long, fun run. I'll do something around the house and get some things knocked off my to-do list instead. I will probably head to Costco and get some more rice and beans and use up the rest of my mylar bags so I can put in a new order. I think I'll make some chili and can a few quarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment