Friday, June 29, 2012

Then the fire department rolls up

At 23:30 last night, after 2 calls to the police about a large party across the street, I was fed up.

I don't mind if people have a party, get loud and drunk, etc. I do care about it when it's the 7th night in a row and it's almost midnight. I grabbed my car remote and set the panic alarm off two times to get their attention and the I was in the driveway, 150 lumens of tactical flashlight in faces until I found the owner... Not the owner, the renters son who is probably 19, he said his parents are out of town for a couple of weeks.
I was in top form, I was pissed off and I lit into him... and then the fire department pulled up. One of the other neighbors who wasn't getting the police to show up (non emergency with 90% of the force occupied with fire concerns) called 911 to report a possible fire at the party house. The owner started to get confrontational with the 4 firemen, but let me tell you about people who don't take crap.
The firemen had enough of the mouth on this kid and called it in, within a few minutes the police finally pull up, the owner runs into the house and turns the lights off... the cops even laughed.

I get to be the bad guy in the neighborhood but I'm not the kind to sit around wishing, I'm action oriented. I had my back covered, never got close enough to anyone for a physical confrontation and was prepared in case it turned ugly.

In other news;
The weather helped in fighting the Waldo Canyon fire and people who lived in the burn area had a meeting to find out who lost what. The number of houses lost is around 350, in addition to other structures. It could have been a lot worse, I think some people had a rude awakening but I doubt it will do much good as life returns to normal for them. Here is a picture, be thankful for what you have and have a plan.

2 comments:

  1. That photo is just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. teeheehee - i like your neighbours idea about a "possible" fire at the party house! and i don't know how you put up with it for 7 nights!!! but it looks like they won't be doing it again.

    that photo is so sad. i just can't imagine losing everything like that. so sad.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete