Saturday, October 15, 2011

Let it snow!

Spent about 6 hours working in the yard today getting the final touches done before winter. I'm in the need of a new leaf blower now, but the leaves are clinging to life and just clogging up the gutters. Each year I pay some random kid of someone I know to do the yard cleanup but I still end up doing about the same amount of work. Lazy ass teenagers, I'm doing them a favor I really don't mid the work. I will take the rain barrels down next weekend so I don't have to worry about them freezing when I'm out of town. The yard and the house plants really enjoy the rainwater, and I have a large supply of water hanging out, it's a win.

I also got my Jeep checked up and ready for a trip tomorrow, it has been sitting for a while. 5 vehicles and all in top running condition with spare parts and the knowledge to use those parts. Stockpiling stuff doesn't do anyone a bit of good if you don't know how to change an axle shaft, pull out a differential or swap a drive shaft. I think most of the spare parts for my Jeep end up being used on other vehicles I come upon in the mountains. I never charge and just hope it's good karma for when something happens to me. I never go alone and so far anything that has broken I've been able to fix on the trail. 4 bags of tools, spare parts, a bin for everything else, fluids, spare tire, nuts and bolts, etc.

Made a big batch of spaghetti sauce for the weekend and just pulled some more bread out of the oven. It's pumpkin season so I'm going to get a pie or 2 made tomorrow night. I need to hit Penzy's spices and use my gift card so I can get some holiday spices I will run low on soon. I did manage to score some deals at Albertsons this afternoon, they are having a sale on cereal, paper towels and toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment