Monday, March 11, 2013

waiting on a signature

I warned everyone I knew that the legislation would pass, minus a few things to appease to populace. It's heading to the governors desk and I don't see it stopping. 3 cheers for the populace getting what they want, we are all safer for it, I'll leave the door open and alarm off.

Honey wheat bread:

Yum. Had to use the lower oven for the first time, it's a large load of awesome bread.

I'm taking over the lunchroom at work... 1 of them anyhow. Construction starts this week if all goes well, I'll have a new office in a couple more. It will be nice to have more than 3 feet of desk space. In the meantime I have to share my desk with my new assistant and the damn internet was down today prompting me to get nothing down but get it fixed. The speed's super slow, I have to figure out what's going on, I'm going to bypass some equipment in the morning and see if that helps. I don't want to call in a real expert but it might come to that, I'm a hack.

Had a group meeting this weeken but I'm still deciding how I feel about it. I sort of feel only a few people will really be involved, and that's typical for most groups for anything. It almost seemed too "survivalist" all of a sudden with people worried about text and emails and a couple people not knowing what a food sealer is. I think it will be interesting to see who shows up next month, I know the core group will be in, the rest I'm not sure on. It would be great if all the new people worked out, 3 doctors and 2 special forces operators.
It gave me some things to toss around in my skull while I was swimming afterward. 1 mile total, 1/2 was back stroke and my shoulders are a little tender today. I'm working up to some heavy weights and doing a good job at stamina, cardio and endurance.

I'm cranky for really no reason. Society has always, and will always, carry on without regard for principal and/or common sense. It's driving me to train harder and do more but I feel it's about all I can do to keep my head down and my mouth shut most of the time. My Dad was right, the average person is a complete idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment