Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Moth invasion, running and property

Godzilla no like moth.
I must have a few hundred in the yard, and they were bathing in the sprinkler last night. The dogs don't eat them, just stir them up a little, but its exciting to see them chase the little bastards around for a while. If I'm patient they will just go away in a few days, but it's hard to not get annoyed when they dive bomb you in the kitchen or land on your face when you are in bed. I have a nightlight on in the living room so they stay there and not in the bedroom.

Today I feel like an ultra runner again, it's the feeling of success on a hard trail combined with horrible aches and pains like you had sex with a sea lion. Not that I have, but I'm sore from the neck down. I forgot how hard one of my favorite trails is and it was open finally so I took it... up, down, up..up..up.. etc. I kept thinking it wouldn't end, did I miss my turn, what the heck was going on. I refused to stop, my legs almost refused to move but finally the turn off was there! I couldn't figure out why I was so sore until I got home and realized I was wearing my old running shoes. I pride myself on paying attention, but I slipped up on that one. My running shoes are the same color, the new ones are just not as dirty.... I do remember when I was walking out tot he car for the drive up I thought it was funny how my new shoes were so dirty after only 2 weeks... situational awareness fail.

I don't toss out stuff that's still good for working in the yard, or just kicking around, but this morning I grabbed my old shoes and went to put them out with the trash (a moth flew out at me when I did)... they ended up back on the porch. I'm having a hard time parting with things that cost $130 and are only 2.5 months old. I'm not a hoarder, I really don't have much of anything in my house that isn't being used and I don't like clutter.

I'm looking for some land, plan to buy some before the end of the year, something to put a cabin and well on. So far I've found some stuff close to year round running water, but nothing you can put a garden in for sustainable living. I'm going to be picky, I don't want something in the middle of the plains with constant howling wind and no tree's, and I'm also going to be cheap. It will serve as a nice get away weekend cabin and backup as a bug out location. I've been looking for over a month, I just need to be patient.... good luck with that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment