Thursday, February 23, 2012

The changing weather

My run rocked last night and reminded me once again that I should eat more. Fine line for me mentally, just can't get it right some days. It was 67 degrees with massive wind gusts but the tree's did a great job of shielding me from most of the dust and debris.
The dogs wanted out several times last night, so that meant I had to go walk around the yard to make sure the fence wasn't blown down (metal fence posts are awesome but I still have to check). At 12:30, 2:30 and 3:50 all was well. I commented to myself how it was almost 50 degrees out and being outside in my underwear wasn't too cold (I know, but it was dark). 5:45 and I get a phone call that the system at work is down. This is a must come in call, since it's a new system and opening the front door I was greeting with about 8 inches of snow.

Holy crap, that's why I love Colorado. You simply never know what you will get for weather every couple of hours. It will be gone by Saturday night for sure, but not on my running trails so I have to be a little careful once again watching for ice.

The power went out for a while, that's what caused the server crash, but I didn't think about it at home. I was reading a book when it happened and lit some candles, power came back on about 30 minutes later. Anything longer I would have just gone to bed, if I was staying up I would have lit an oil lamp, it's more efficient. When I got back home this morning so I could shower and change once work was operational, I noticed the wine fridge finally decided to die after 8 or so years. No big loss, saves money on the power bill and there isn't much drinking going on. I will put the bottles in the basement, should help them stay alive for a few months until they vanish into the neighbors glasses.

Not bad for a Thursday morning before 8am.

2 comments:

  1. Same her in the SLV area. Nice until 9, then whiteout conditions for 10 minutes. Then the wind. Man, Kansas sucks today because the wind here is gusting at hurricane speeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only a fan of wind when it's mild and warm. I imagine you get some nice wind in the valley, we have good forests to help block a lot of it.

    It's going to be 45 today, 58 tomorrow, fun times running in the mud. No complaints.

    ReplyDelete