Friday, December 2, 2011

Cold and windy?

I got up 3 times during the night to make sure my fence was still secure, it wasn't too windy but it was enough to concern me that the fence could come down somewhere. Most of the posts are metal, but a few of the wooden ones are scheduled for replacement in the spring.
I don't mind wind, I don't mind cold. I can't stand to run in a combination of both, it's just hard to keep your exposed skin warm like on your face for example. I have a full face mask I can wear when I run but anything more than a few miles it ices up on the face and I just can't stand it. I can't wear sunglasses with it since they fog up with every breath, so I shuffle my run-days off a little when it's windy and cold at the same time. I'm probably going to do a few miles tonight and then get up early for a good 10 or 12 miles tomorrow. I'm laying out my plans for 2012 running and I have some work to do starting in March... I'm even debating a 24 hour run but I'm not sure I'm insane enough for that yet. I see lot's of ultra runners this time of year, of all sizes, running from the car to the gym door. I still run outside but stick to more pavement late at night.

Our work employee appreciation party is tomorrow night. It's not a holiday party, nope... but you would think so. We have about 150 employees and those who bring kids will end up leaving with present for each of their children. The employees get raffle tickets (non managers anyhow) and can win stuff like digital cameras and kindle's, etc. This party costs over $15k, closer to $20k this year and I still can't convince anyone to just give each employee a hundred bucks. I don't understand why people I work with all day, all month, all year for 15 years want to see me for a few more hours on a Saturday. I sure don't want to see them, so it's only fair. I would much rather get $100 than go eat some shitty buffet food at a hotel with a bunch of people who want to come up and shake my hand or hug me and say Merry Christmas.
The $100 I can spend, the food I will crap out and the people will still be the same assholes on Monday that they are today.
Maybe I'm just a prick.

No comments:

Post a Comment