Saturday, August 4, 2012

Expired food storage

Lot's of saying when it comes to food storage and I do try to eat what I store, sometimes items get overlooked. Today was my monthly expiration date check and here is what I had to get rid of:

Pop tarts, box of 24 double packs; they taste stale to me after they hit the expiration date, the neighbor kids will be happy.

Box of generic cereal; I should have tossed it when I ate the first box, I didn't like it at all. I've kept this box long enough and have eaten all the boxes around it so it had to go. For sanity.

7 box of soy milk; I buy the 12 packs at Costco and have more, I just didn't eat enough cereal this summer and I don't trust this stuff at all once it expires or more than a week after opening one. Lesson learned from a painful stomach issue in the spring.


Not too bad considering how much stuff I have. I'm sure I took pictures but don't know where they went so I'll get around to it again soon. I have a lot of things expiring soon but oddly enough they center around baking and lucky me it's almost fall and cool weather. This was the first time I've ever tossed anything into the trash so I'm happy with how it's going.

Enjoy your weekend with some garden pictures.
Zucchini

Obviously corn

Pumpkin, and happy bee!

Bush beans

Watermelon........

We don't like these much and it was an accidental purchase. Gifts!
Ancient Rome a few months ago, found a couple pictures on memory card.

Yes, I agree it's an awesome photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment