Thursday, December 26, 2013

Fire in the sky... damn my eyes...

I freely admit I don't get up very early in the winter, my internal clock never adjusts and simply sticks with the amount of light that is outside. I went to sleep at 7:30 last night and made sure I got up early in case there were issues at work. All is well and the sun is starting to peek over the horizon, and there are a lot of little jet trails in the sky.

Christmas for us is about gathering the family and having some time together. This year the schedules made it impossible so it was just the in-laws and us. Dinner was scheduled for15:00 but the power went out for a few hours and we ate at 18:00 instead. Yes, I went to bed right after I finished eating, but the power outage certainly got me thinking.
It wouldn't have been easy to make the entire dinner on alternate cooking devices, but we could have done it. Having no power also reminded me of a few things we have been lacking on finishing up, or restocking so it's back to the grind of making sure all things get done and not just get placed on a list for the near future.
I did have a good time running around the house in my full kit yelling that the world had ended and it was condition red. That's what someone gets for being a smart ass... then again there is now a picture of me in my kit and running shorts, I suppose we are even.

Before the power went out I started the day off with a nice workout, up at the north end of town with a friend. It felt nice to earn the large amount of calories that were going to be consumed. The temperature was 28 degrees with a breeze but the only thing cold were my fingertips, the metal bars weren't forgiving.
125 pounds in each hand wandering around a parking lot
We had 385 pounds on the sled at one point, brutality.
 The dogs got a nice walk yesterday, family time was spent, friends were visited.... Then we ate.
Prime rib, shrimp tempura, etc. Not a traditional dinner but it's what we decided to do with just the 4 of us.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. The weather will be in the usual 50's, but here is a picture of the ice from a few days ago. Colorado Springs weather is amazing at times.


2 comments:

  1. When I saw the title of your post I thought you had been abducted by aliens, like that guy in Arizona!

    That' was some spread you put on. Looked real christmasy to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first thing that came to mind was: If I had been abducted it would probably be something besides my eye that was burning....
      :)

      Delete