Thursday, February 25, 2016

Blue skies, smiling at me

nothing but blue skies do I see.

I sang that in the chorus in school and in church choir as well. I was thinking about the blue skies this morning on the way to work. It's nice that it's light when I drive in and when I drive home and it's been blue skies for days and days and should be for a while. Temp's in the 50's and 60's.

We had a wonderful time in Dallas, the weather was in the 80's and the humidity was in the 200's... pretty much perfect for us for a couple of days of training and relaxing. The house we rented ended up being really close to the airport but for some reason the noise helped me sleep soundly every night. The drive was 10 hours each way so we are hoping to find some good weapons training closer to home but we don't mind having to drive for now.

I was hoping this trip would be zero business, but that ended up being a dream. With some serious HR issues, allegations of inappropriate behavior, harassment and all sorts of other things I've been dealing with (not me, but I'm involved in the investigative process and interviews). I drove a lot but when my phone started to have a meltdown we switched and I got to work. Hotspots, the new 'don't tell me you can't work'. I am also dealing with an building and lot expansion at work, had to make sure they were breaking ground and had all the sub-contractors ready to go.


I try not to eat fast food but Sonic was next to the gas station and I didn't want to eat any more beef jerky or dig into the cookies. My workouts are into warp speed mode, my knee isn't complaining too much anymore so I'm back at it. Running, cross-fit, power lifting, boxing and kick boxing. I'm hoping to start grappling and jiu-jitsu soon. Should be up to working out 3 hours a day 4 days a week and 2 days of running only for an hour+.

We are heading to the cabin, have to start on a few projects. We know spring isn't here yet but the snow should be melted enough to get the woodshed refilled and get up on the roof to see if the chimney needs cleaning. Need to measure a few area for a storage container so we can figure out where we want one dropped. Some shelves need to get replaced with wider boards in the kitchen area and we are going to remeasure for some area rugs/runners before we order them. If all of the snow is gone from the dog run area that needs to get cleaned up too.

Hibernation season is almost over. Both houses have a 'to-do' list. I've got a trip to Miami Beach in a couple of weeks followed closely by Vegas and then we both will head to Cozumel for some diving before work really starts kicking into the busy season. I hope everyone has a busy year planned, I'll make my way around some blogs this weekend and see what everyone has been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment